Surplus Property and Storage
Effective April 13th, 2016 the Surplus Property Store/Warehouse will be closed to the general public for sales.
Hours of Operation:
UM Departmental Purchases (IDR) Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The University of Miami Surplus Property Department handles all transfers, disposals, and recycling of University Property.
Location & Contact Information:
6891 NW 74th Street
Miami, Florida 33166
Main Office: 305.243.9696
E-Mail Address: SurplusProperty@med.miami.edu
The Surplus Property Department fulfills pickup requests from all University of Miami campuses. The normal operating hours of the Surplus Property Store are Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Individuals can expect to find items such as computers, filing cabinets, furniture, medical/scientific equipment and used vehicles at prices well below market value.
Procedures for Disposal of Equipment, Surplus, and Transfers
Procedures for departments:
1. Departments must complete a Surplus Property / Transfer Form and e-mail it to: SurplusProperty@med.miami.edu in order for a request to be fulfilled.
2. The Surplus Property Office will work with the department point of contact to schedule a pick up date and time.
Departments wishing to dispose of their Surplus “IT” equipment must contact Medical Information Technology to schedule for the removal of all hard drives. The Surplus Property Department can then schedule a pick up date once this completed.
1. The “Surplus Property / Transfer Form” must be sent to Medical Information Technology via email at email@example.com. Medical Information Technology will create an incident ticket acknowledging receipt of the request. A Medical Information Technology staff member will contact the requesting department to schedule a time to remove the hard drives from the Surplus “IT” devices.
2. The computer casing will be labeled by Medical Information Technology when all hard drives are removed and ready for pick up.
3. The Surplus Property Office will arrange for the pick up/disposal by our personnel.
4. The removed drive will be degaussed by Medical Information Technology and sent for destruction.
Questions related to Surplus “IT” equipment can be directed to Elia Torres from Medical Information Technology at 305.243.3228.
IMPORTANT: There will be no disposal or delivery of surplus equipment without proper documentation.
Surplus Property Staff
Olga Lidia Mesa